FIRST LEVEL EDUCATIONAL AND VOCATIONAL TRAINING FOR ASSISTANT SPECIALISTS IN INTERACTIVE GRAPHIC PRODUCTS
The course for assistant specialist in interactive graphic products provides students with the tools required to communicate interactively through digital web and multimedia publishing design and processing as well as producing graphic products.
The goal of the course is to enable students to draft, organize and carry out the different phases of an interactive graphic project. Also to be able to perform and correct the digital treatment of image and text compositions destined to web and multimedia publishing. Students will use web publishing tools, and acquire the ability to interpret the specifications given by a designer for any given interactive graphic product and execute the graphic elements within it.
To carry out those tasks a broad knowledge of visual language and software applications is necessary.
At the school we aim to furnish students with a comprehensive base in terms of cultural and visual training, strategies to bolster creativity and sensitivity and also provide the resources to develop the capacity for critical thinking.
- Collaborate in the different phases of the process of creation of both print and web graphic product production in accordance with the project’s stylistic and technical guidelines.
- Adequately interpret the project information they are given and carry out the corresponding technical and artistic techniques required.
- Create graphic communication elements for web according to the technical and stylistic instructions received.
- Select, adapt, organize, distribute and store the technical information required for creating specific elements within interactive graphic projects.
- Know how to execute, normalize and account for technical information and, when required, the computer files needed for the correct creation of interactive graphical products.
- Know the basic laws and regulations governing the design and execution of interactive graphical products as well as the regulations pertaining to safety and risk prevention.
History of graphic design
Web editing I
Foundations of graphic design
Work guidance and training
Web editing II
Upon completing this course students become Assistant Specialists, allowing access to:
- Upper Secondary Education (Bachillerato)
- Second level Educational and Vocational Training (after passing an access exam).
Assistant specialists in interactive graphic products can perform production tasks for web and multimedia outlets, in companies related to visual communication and interactive products, such as:
- Publicity agencies,
- Multimedia companies,
- Design studios,
- Marketing departments,
- Company publicity or design,
- On-line publicity.
Graduates can either become freelancers or get hired, either independently or in collaboration with other professionals.